What can Triggers Do?Various actions may be assigned to triggers. These include:
- Bounce Dock Icon: Makes the dock icon bounce until the iTerm2 window becomes key.
- Ring Bell: Plays the standard system bell sound once.
- Run Command: Runs a user-defined command.
- Run Coprocess: Runs a Coprocess.
- Send Growl Alert: If Growl is enabled, a Growl alert is sent.
- Send Text: Sends user-defined text back to the terminal as though the user had typed it.
- Show Alert: Shows an alert box with user-defined text.
What is a Parameter?Various actions (Run Command, Run Coprocess, Send Growl Alert, Send Text, and Show Alert) require additional information. This is specified in the "Parameters" field. Some special values are allowed here:
|\0||The entire value matched by the regular expression.|
|\1, \2, ..., \9||The nth value captured by the regular expression.|
|\a||A BEL character (^G).|
|\b||A backspace character ^H.|
|\e||An ESC character (ascii 27).|
|\n||A newline character.|
|\r||A linefeed character.|
|\t||A tab character.|
|\xNN||A hex value NN (for example: \x1b sends ascii code 27, an ESC).|